Thursday, July 1, 2010

My veggie monster

Yesterday Evie and I were chilling at the pool with a few of our mommy/baby amigos, and the mommy half of the group were discussing our babies' diets.  I shared that I have a hard time getting Evie to eat her veggies.  She will gobble up fruits like crazy but it's like pulling teeth to get her to eat one serving of veggies over the whole day (normal for a baby I know, but the complete opposite of her momma).

For dinner, I made myself broccoli soup (not the cream kind- it's pretty much just watered down, pureed broccoli) and Evie starting hanging on my legs begging for a bite.  I always let her try what I am eating as long as it's baby-friendly and I blew on the spoon and let her try it, expecting a very humorous face.  To my surprise, she seemed to like it and continued to beg bites off me for the rest of my meal!  I'm confused but pretty excited.  Now I have to go check the soup label to make sure it's not packed with sodium or anything, but if it looks good I now have a go-to vegetable!  Who wants to bet though that as soon as I prepare it for her instead of myself, it will lose all appeal?

No comments:

Post a Comment