Monday, June 28, 2010

Back to the Blogosphere...

I've been meaning to start baby-blogging for, oh, nearly ten months now.  I even had another blog that I could have easily commandeered for mommy-posting.  But I just kept making excuses and putting it off, because I felt like my first post had to be monumental, summing up everything that's happened throughout my pregnancy, since Evie's birth, all my emotions and tiny milestones and so on and so forth.  And that's intimidating!  I didn't feel up to the challenge. I don't have much free time, what with an active infant, attempting to start my own business, and a mommy-social-life, and I wasn't sure I'd ever find enough time to write actual finished posts that I wouldn't be embarrassed to admit were my handiwork.

So, I'm giving myself permission to start this blog off with an unimpressive post.  It's not going to say every single thing I've been meaning to say for the past ten months.  It's not going to clearly demarcate my point-of-view as a blogger or a mother.  It's not, frankly, going to be very interesting, BUT, most importantly, it's going to be PUBLISHED and I'm hoping that finally jumping this hurdle will get me back into the habit of blogging regularly.  Fingers crossed!

A quick intro, which I'll flesh out further in later posts:  I'm Sarah.  My fabulous daughter is Evelyn (Evie for short), born on September 1st 2009, which puts her just shy of ten months as I write this.  I'm married to Justin (4 years in September) who is in the Air Force.  We live in Middle Georgia but our hearts lie in Virginia.  I'm 3 credits and a capstone shy of getting a Master's degree that I will likely never use.  My days revolve around my daughter, and I'm also working on starting a business and getting down to my goal weight (80 lbs down, 20 to go). 

No comments:

Post a Comment